A Brazilian butt lift is a gluteal fat grafting procedure designed to give you more lifted, firm, and toned buttocks. A cosmetic surgeon removes fat cells from the body during a fat transfer BBL surgery. The surgeon then implants the fat cells in your buttocks to create the desired look.
How Long Does It Take Fat Cells To Grow After BBL?
After the operation, the patient’s fat cells will grow; This may take anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks. The ultimate effects are achieved by 6 to 12 months. Several factors will determine the time it takes for your fat cells to grow. These include weight, age, and other characteristics.
After the swelling subsides, patients are able to experience their new look. Patient results will be more dramatic as time goes on. Then the BBL’s full benefits will be realized as the fat settles, swelling fades, and tissues mend.
Reasons To Get a BBL
A BBL involves liposuction and fat transfer (also known as lipofilling) to improve and shape the buttocks. There are several reasons why people might want to have fat transfer BBL surgery. Women who desire a curvier shape may choose this operation to:
- Enhance their curves
- Reshape their bodies
- Create a natural look
- Improve the appearance of their lower body
BBLs are different from butt implants, which are constructed of synthetic materials. BBLs can be created from a person’s own fat and are considered more natural.
The Brazilian butt lift procedure is a safe and effective way to enhance the patient’s buttocks. The use of the patient’s own tissue lowers the risk of complications and rejection.
What Happens to a BBL After 10 Years?
After 10 years, butt implants must usually be removed or replaced. A BBL is a fantastic option because it is permanent. A patients’ fat cells can shrink or grow in size after surgery. Weight fluctuations and other factors can cause these changes to occur.
How To Get The Best Results From Your BBL Fat Transfer Procedure
How Do You Prevent Fat Cells From Dying After BBL?
Here are some tips to optimize your results after the procedure.
- Wear the compression garments your surgeon recommends.
- Drink plenty of water to help your body stay hydrated. Keep in mind that caffeinated beverages are diuretics and deplete your body of fluids.
- Eat nutritious meals to keep up your energy levels and enhance healing.
- Do not smoke because it disrupts the circulation of oxygen and inhibits healing.
- Maintain a healthy, consistent weight.
- Eat plenty of healthy, whole foods.
- Avoid sitting on your buttocks. A BBL pillow can help relieve pressure from the area.
- Do not drive for a few weeks after your procedure. This will give your fat cells the greatest chance of survival.
- Sleep on your side or stomach and avoid sleeping on your back.
Feed the Fat After BBL
After your procedure, you can maximize fat cell survival by feeding the fat.
Your body needs more calories when you are recovering from surgery. Also, the new fat cells need more energy in order to survive. Eating meals that are rich in vitamins and minerals will ensure that your body is nourished well throughout recovery.
Adding more healthful fats to your diet helps you stay healthy and recover from surgery faster. Healthy fats also keep your skin bright and smooth as it continues to heal after BBL.
By changing a few things in your diet, you may help your body recover more quickly and increase the chances that new fat cells will survive.
Eat Healthy Fats To Optimize BBL Results
Here are a few healthy fats to include in your eating plan:
- Olive oil
- Seeds, such as chia seeds, flaxseeds, and sunflower seeds
- Coconut oil
- Peanut butter, almond butter, and cashew butter
- Nuts, including walnuts, pecans, and almonds
- Fatty fish, such as salmon
How Do Fat Cells Grow After BBL?
Fat cells require a blood supply to survive. The fat cells will die if they don’t establish a strong blood supply. Some fat cells will become established, while others will die without the blood they need.
The goal of the Brazilian butt lift is to keep as many fat cells alive as possible because they will die if they do not receive an adequate blood supply.
Does Gaining Weight After BBL Influence Your Results?
Losing or gaining weight after a BBL can alter your results. If you gain weight, the fat cells will grow. And, if you lose weight, the fat cells will shrink.
Miami Lakes Plastic Surgery is here to help you achieve the stunning shape you have always wanted. Call us now to book your consultation.